BioSort was founded in 2010 based on the idea of using machine vision and sorting to separate escaped farmed salmon and wild salmon. In 2015, BioSort refocused its focus on fish farming and started the concept development of iFarm.
Machine vision and mechatronics design integrated in challenging environments, is BioSort's cutting-edge expertise. The solutions range from embedded edge systems and robotics sorting mechanisms, to cloud-based solutions and big data analyzes.
BioSort currently consists of 14 employees. A development team that works to solve some of the most important challenges in fish farming, which is very technologically challenging and incredibly exciting. BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and abilities of the employees, and is therefore always looking for the smartest minds. The culture in the company is open, engaging and gives great freedom. To continue this exciting development, there is now a need for a skilled Software Engineer with good expertise in Machine Learning and Infrastructure, who will be part of the BioSort family.
- Design, build and maintain optimized and scalable ML platforms/Infrastructure for machine learning and data science teams
- Build MLOps/DevOps pipelines to support experimentation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, verification/validation, and monitoring of ML models
- Work with ML developers to solve complex problems and create unique solutions
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, or equivalent combination of advanced technical education and work experience
- 3+ years of experience with MLOps or DevOps
- Experience working with Big Data in the context of machine learning
- Experience with CI/CD/CT pipelines implementation
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), DevOps/DevSecOps, and GitOps practices
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation (infrastructure as code)
- Experience with high-level programming languages such as C/C++, Go, Rust etc.
Nice to have experience:
- Knowledge of ML Orchestration, such as Luigi, Kubeflow, Airflow, MLFlow etc.
- Understanding of ML lifecycle (feature engineering, model training, testing, deployment, monitoring, versioning)
- Interested in image formats, image processing techniques, computer vision techniques
- Interested in architectures, including GPU computing, High Performance Computing (HPC)
- An environment where your opinion matters, and you can make great impact
- "Startup atmosphere" with "large company stability"
- Funding secured for the next 4 years
- Nice open office, by the water, with likely the longest idea cork ever
- Electronics lab and a 20.000 liter pool for tests in water
- Equipment of your own choice
- Coffee from Solberg & Hansen in the office
- Several very good Cantinas, Gym, Coffee shop, and KIWI in the building
BioSort is concerned with having an inclusive culture and having fun at work. They love initiative and give their employees great creative freedom. They have an ambition to be a world leader in sensor-based optimization of fishery resources. The goal is to make fish farming more sustainable, while at the same time lowering production costs. iFarm is supported by the Ministry of Fisheries in the form of development licenses, and BioSort works closely with Cermaq, which is one of the largest salmon farms in the world.