ABAX is the second-largest telematics company and one of the largest IoT companies in Europe. Telematics is the art of connecting mobile and distributed assets and is one of the fastest-growing IoT segments. ABAX develop their own line of hardware, firmware and software; tied together in an open platform that allows other sensors to connect and collect data through the ABAX Global Network. ABAX provides an innovative end-to-end platform to support digitalization and automation for their customers. Hosted and born in the cloud and always available.
For people with the right attitude who want to become a little bit better every day, ABAX create a place where personal development and fun combine to form a fulfilling and profitable workday. ABAX know happy employees equal happy customers, so they do their outmost to facilitate employee satisfaction, both in and out of work. ABAX have more than 350 employees across offices in eight countries. The Headquarter is situated in Larvik, on the southeast coast of Norway.
In the Core Platform team you will work closely with the Cross functional product teams and hardware teams to build the next generation products for the future of telematics. Connecting people, places and things.
As a .NET Software Engineer in ABAX, you will have the oportunity grow into a leading role in the further development of Products and Platforms. You will work in the Tech Center located at the HQ in Larvik, and you will have close interactions with your colleagues here as well as our other locations in Europe.
Together with your team you will enhance your competence and skills within one or more core topics like:
- Identity / Security / Authentication / Authorization
- IoT Gateway
- Micro Frontend/ Micro Service Architecture
And in general work as enabler for ABAX product roadmap and vision.
In ABAX they work in small agile teams and align with the peers continuously. By cooperating closely with the Product Owners, Business Analysts and Architects, you will make sure you understand the vision for the product, the clients and the market needs.
- Implement new product or platform features and make sure they fit into the existing software design or propose necessary changes to ensure the compatibility
- Work closely together with Product Owners in finding the most useful solution for our customers and market needs
- Keep the solutions lightweight, scalable and aligned with world class SaaS, in close cooperation with our Chief Architec
- Communicating and coordinating with other teams to best integrate, transition and facilitate new features or other technical enhancements
- Love to code, Love to learn
- The ability to work well both as part of a team and on your own
- Strong written and verbal capabilities in English
- Experience in developing with C# and .NET
- Motivated by taking ownership of the lifecycle of the code created. From development, documentation, maintenance, monitoring and deployment.
- DevOps mindset capable of handling automation and build maintenance aiming for continuous delivery and deployment using Docker, GitLab and Kubernetes in the cloud
Some of the topics and technologies you will learn or grow your competence within:
- .NET, C#, Proto.Actor, gRPC, protobuf, REST API
- Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ, AMQP, MQTT
- Kubernetes, Docker, GitLab, GCP
- MongoDB, MS SQL, Event Store
- CQRS, Event Sourcing and Domain-Driven Design
- Micro Frontend Architecture (single-spa, Vue.js, Webpack Module Federation)
- Identity Server
ABAX are looking for a person who takes ownership over own deliveries and strives for reaching goals on personal, team, department and company level. As a person, you are detail oriented, have deep analytical skills and always looks for ways to work smarter. At ABAX, they highly value teamwork, as being a team player is essential for them and the continued success. The ideal candidate has a mindset that expects to be challenged, always looks for ways to work smarter and is motivated by open continuous feedback on own performance. Hunger for personal development is something they greatly appreciate in our employees.
ABAX offer you:
A growing and dynamic workspace with engaged and dedicated colleagues from all over the world. At ABAX, no two days are alike, and offer a varied role with a lot of responsibility. With the right mindset, this role will challenge and allow you to keep developing your skills within this field. ABAX take pride in the fact that their workplaces are pleasant and designed for personal advancement and fulfillment. They do their utmost to facilitate employee satisfaction — at work and in their free time.
ABAX use a well proven technology that has been continuously updated and developed over the last 10 years. In ABAX you will be working with an exciting mix of new technologies in a highly scaled IoT ecosystem. The technology and solutions span hardware, firmware and software and as a .Net Engineer you will be working across these different technology domains. ABAX has full ownership of all their technology areas and all development (Hardware, Software and Firmware) is done inhouse. This makes ABAX a unique, exciting and challenging place to work!
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Development budget for training and conferences
- 10% work time dedicated to learning
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional remote work available
- Private healthcare and insurance
- Beautiful new office in Larvik with playroom facilities and Cantina , as well coffee-shops and restaurants nearby